The building was completely renovated in 2005 and has 58 accommodation places, distributed in 26 double rooms and 6 single rooms, which all have bathrooms. The building has been designed in such a way that it does not present architectural barriers for the disabled and it has 2 special places with specific adaptation of the bathroom. It also has several common areas designed to facilitate teamwork and coexistence among residents.
The rooms consist of 2 different spaces, the rest area and the bathroom. The first is equipped with one or two single beds, depending on the type of room, wardrobe with hangers and study area consisting of desk, chairs, plank for notes and bookshelf. For its part, the bathroom has a sink, mirror, toilet and shower. The room has telephone, television and data connections.
Cleaning 3 times a week and change of bed and bath linen once a week. There is also free broadband Internet connection.
The common areas of the Residencia de Las Palmas have spaces for study, leisure and recreation of its residents, who are asked to make use of them in a responsible manner, being aware that while these areas are used by some residents there may be other residents who are studying or resting. The composition of these spaces is the following:
- Does not include food service.
- Reception available 24h and 365 days per year.
- Coin-laundry, iron and an ironing board.
- Kitchen in each of floors.
- Study area.
- Computer room.
- TV room.
- Ping pong table.
Administrative university accommodation service
- We can ease all your administrative procedures.
- We also carry out residents satisfaction surveys in order to evaluate the services we provide.
- Printing service for residents, with a maximum of 40 prints per month on DINA4 paper. Each printed side of a sheet is counted as an impression.
- Weekly program of cultural activities.
- Mobile application ALLORO to report incidents, absences and receive notifications.
- Private area where you can download invoices, request renewal of stays and the room change, check and register for events, knowing the frequency of use of the service area, check the number of impressions available to perform, insert and check the absences and manage your profile.
- Free access to facilities of the Sports Service. For this it is necessary to make the request in the administration of the Residences.
- Connection to the public WiFi network ULPGC.