The building was inaugurated in the year 2000 and consists of a basement and four floors with two modules per floor surrounded by garden areas. It has 252 bright exterior rooms with views of the university campus. It also has several common areas designed to facilitate teamwork and coexistence among residents. The building was conceived not to present architectural barriers to the disabled and has 4 special rooms of greater dimension than the rest and with special adaptation of the bathroom.
The rooms consist of 2 different spaces, the rest area and the bathroom. The first is equipped with a single bed, wardrobe with hangers and study area composed of desk, chair, plank for notes and bookshelf. For its part, the bathroom has a sink, mirror, toilet and shower. The room has telephone, television and data connections.
Cleaning 3 times a week and change of bed and bath linen once a week. There is also free broadband Internet connection.
The common areas of the Residencia de Tafira have spaces for study, leisure and recreation for its residents, who are asked to make use of them responsibly, being aware that while these areas are used by residents there may be other residents who are studying or resting. The composition of these spaces is the following:
- Coin-laundry, iron and an ironing board.
- Study area.
- Computer room.
- Workgroup rooms.
- TV room.
- Assembly Hall.
- Ping pong table and table football.
- Reception available 24h and 365 days per year.
- Office for administrative procedures. From Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 14:30 and on Tuesdays from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Administrative university accommodation service
- We can ease all your administrative procedures.
- We also carry out residents satisfaction surveys in order to evaluate the services we provide.
- Printing service for residents, with a maximum of 40 prints per month on DINA4 paper. Each printed side of a sheet is counted as an impression.
- Weekly program of cultural activities.
- Mobile application ALLORO to report incidents, absences and receive notifications.
- Private area where you can download invoices, request renewal of stays and the room change, check and register for events, knowing the frequency of use of the service area, check the number of impressions available to perform, insert and check the absences and manage your profile.
- Free access to facilities of the Sports Service. For this it is necessary to make the request in the administration of the Residences.
- Connection to the public WiFi network ULPGC.